Thursday, March 06, 2008

Interludes. (interlude)


In the beginning, when confidence was high and the blogs were flowing like sweet bourbon from the verdant Kentucky hills, I had an innocent thought, and it went something like this:

Hey, I'm a pretty awesome blogger! And what a fantastically singular idea to post about my favorite albums from last year! But what if, in my never-ceasing stream of awesome blogs and singular ideas, I decide to write about something that's not related to music?

(Here, there was a short pause. Not too short, mind you. I'm hella smart.)

I've got it! To satiate the ravenous desire of my readers to plumb the chasmy depths of my musical insight concerning records that were released two to fourteen months ago, I'll caveat each non-music post with a saucy (interlude) tag.

Wow.

I am truly a triumph of human intellect.


It all made sense. And it worked. For a while. But then for a myriad of reasons (let's just call it "no good reason at all"...seems fair, and that way no-one's feelings get hurt), the system broke down. So here's the rumpus. The (interludes) are over. We'll get to the Top 10 of 2007 in time, I promise. It's kind of a boutique endeavor at this point anyway, so time isn't necessarily of the essence. And in the meantime, my exquisite, hand-crafted blog titles will stand on their own, free to sing their messages to the heavens.

Or at least to the camera on the lid of my laptop.

No comments: